Call: 306.757.3990 | Toll Free: 1.866.757.3990

Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

Main Menu

Did You Know That Audiologists…

Must have completed 6-8 years of university level course work and practicum, leading to a Master’s degree or Doctor of Audiology degree in order be registered with SASLPA and to practice in Saskatchewan;

 Receive extensive training in counseling and (re)habilitation;

 Assess, identify, diagnose, and manage individuals of any age (newborns to adults);

 Assess, identify, diagnose, and manage hearing disorders involving both peripheral and central pathways of hearing;

 Assess, identify, diagnose, and manage hyperacusis (an exaggerated response to certain sounds), and tinnitus (the perception of sound, such as ringing, buzzing, or hissing, in the ears);

 Assess, identify, diagnose, and manage Auditory Processing Disorders;

 Assess, identify, diagnose, and manage balance disorders

 Provide services to individuals with implantable hearing devices such as cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing devices;

 Along with physicians and nurse practitioners, fill out and sign applications to receive the disability tax credit for hearing loss; and

 Are the only hearing professionals that some third parties will reimburse hearing services for?

Please see for more information about audiologists.