Call: 306.757.3990 | Toll Free: 1.866.757.3990

Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

Main Menu


What is a protected title?

Legally, in Saskatchewan*, only people who are registered and licensed with the Saskatchewan Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (SASLPA) are allowed to use the titles:

  • Audiologist (includes):
    • Aud
    • AUD


  • Speech-Language Pathologist (includes)
    • Speech therapist
    • Speech pathologist
    • SLP

*Note: Section 22 of The Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Act

Did you know…

…some speech-language pathologists (SLP) and audiologists (Aud) live in one province but use video conferencing to work with people in another province. Even if your SLP or Aud lives in another province, he (or she) must have a SASLPA licence to work with you.

What does it mean to have a SASLPA licence?

People who have a licence to work in Saskatchewan are registered with SASLPA. You can be registered as a full practicing member if you:

  • have at least a Master’s degree in audiology or speech-language pathology;
  • have met the SASLPA standards for education and student training hours
  • are proficient in English;
  • are legally able to work in Canada;
  • have passed a national practice exam; and
  • have finished a mentorship program.

Registered members are expected to:

  • Work safely and ethically;
  • Be responsible to the public;
  • Follow the SASLPA Code of Ethics; and
  • Follow the SASLPA Continuing Education Program.

    How can I tell if someone has a licence to practice with SASLPA?
  • Licensed members are listed on the SASLPA website (; and
  • Licensed members will use their protected title and registration designation.

    What does registration designation mean?

A registration designation is the registration information for each SASLPA member. You can find a member’s registration designation and title at the bottom of any official client documents. For example:


J. Doe, Educational Credentials (e.g., M.SLP)
Speech-Language Pathologist
Registered SK Lic#0123


J. Doe, Educational Credentials (e.g., AuD)
Registered SK Lic#0123


If you are submitting a receipt for speech pathology or audiology services to a private insurance provider, make sure your speech-language pathologist or audiologist includes his/her registration designation on the receipt. Having this information easily available will help your insurance provider when reviewing your claim.

Questions or concerns contact the SASLPA at: